Thursday 29 December 2011

FEATURE: Fave Five Albums Of 2011: Maxime from Kitsuné

Maxime Souverain is the PR for Maison Kitsuné in Paris. Er, obviously we don't need to say anything about Kitsuné they have been chu8rning out consistently hot, upront tomorrow music for a long time now and they continue to hit it hard with the latest Parisien 2 comp that we'll be reviewing very soon. Here are Maximes faveourites for 2011;

IS TROPICAL - Native To

I just love this naive / lo-fi productions
"Take my chances" makes me want to fall in love and do surf somewhere in the south of France, perfect no?


JAMES BLAKE - James Blake
"Limit to your Love" see? speechless




THE RAPTURE - In The Grace of Your love
I always start the album by the end … "It Take Time to Be A Man" sounds like the perfect happy ending in a movie! Can't you see me in the south of France surfing on the artwork cover?



TIMBER TIMBRE - Creep On Creepin' On
I don't know why I picked this one really! This is maybe the kind of sound that I would do if I was a musician, boring hein?



HOUSSE DE RACKET - Alesia
The most stunning live act of the year, impressive for these two little boys!



And here are 3 Eps that I really loved too:

PARADIS - La Ballade de Jim
LESCOP - EP
JUVENILES - We Are Young

Check out the previous Fave Five Albums Of 2011:

1. Simon from Sonic Emporium
2. Becki B from OhDearyMe.com
3. Isaac Ashe from Sound Advice
4. Jerome from Desire Records
5. Simon from People Get Real
6. Piper from Puro Instinct
7. Stephen from WeAreHunted.com
15. Terence Teh from Dazed & Confused / Earnest Endeavours
16. Louise from A Band Called Quinn
17. Tasha from Demain Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...