Monday 1 November 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: V/A 'Kitsuné Maison 10 Compilation' out November 29 on Kitsuné

I've said it before about this series and I'll say it again; it's a great breeding ground for fresh talent and as a result it's a little hit and miss. If you like every track on here then you know something has gone wrong somewhere. Kitsune wouldn't keep doing them if they weren't at least a tiny bit commercially successful though would they?

At least they would have stopped before they hit number 10. So what has number 10, 'The Fireworks Issue' indecently, got that's worth making it an essential purchase this bonfire night? Well for a start there is a few well known names amongst the up and comings and personally a track that I have been waiting to hear for ages - the new Digitalism 'Blitz' that is superb, and awesome track called 'Sorry' by Justus Kohncke and a sweet sweet remix by MUSTANG of Two Door Cimema Clubs 'What You Know'.

Of course there were imo some misses although you may disagree and I hope at least some of you do. I didn't like the first 2 or 3 tracks on disc 1 and again there were a few on disc 2 that didn't do anything for me. I'm not going top get specific but when you pick up a copy later this month come back and let me know what you liked and didn't like.

Stand out for me was Flight Facilities 'Crave You (feat Giselle)'. I could not get this out of my head for a long time after listening to it which is always a good sign. Black Strobe and the Twelves on remix duty of Me & Madonna is also worth a few repeat listens.

4/5

CTZN V41N

If you want a little taster of whats to come then check out this downloadable promo mix by JBAG:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...