Tuesday 28 September 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: Chief 'Modern Rituals' out now on Domino

I'm not a big fan of mor rock, unless it's done exceptionally well. Chief's debut album is sadly lacking in pretty much every department, that is every department that would make it acceptable for me to listen to. I'm sure there is a market for this slow, dreamy ballady nonsense but it's a little too weepy for my liking. 

So I listened to the first 5 tracks and turned it off. I might have missed a gem in the five I missed out but I doubt it and even if I did I can live without it. Domino release oodles of brilliant music each and every week of the year so you can't blame them for a miss now and then. Maybe it's just me but I can't find a good word to say about this one, except that although I don't like it, I don't hate it and for some reason it doesn't even annoy me. I'm emotionless. That has to be a bad thing. Art should inspire some feeling within surely, unless apathy is a feeling, in which case well done for making me feel, meh.

2/5

CTZN V41N

VOTE FOR VAINZINE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...