Sunday 29 January 2012

ALBUM REVIEW: V/A 'The Wurst Music Ever' out now on Wurst

Upfront modern underground house and disco does not get too much better than Wurst right now. This 10 track compilation is real showcase of some of their best talent right now. I love 'Ur Oskinni' by Name In Lights. I think I'm right in naming the xylophone as the key instrument used in this one. It's an unusual choice that works well. My favourite track has to be the sublime 'That's The Thing (To Do)' by Great Weekend. The vocal hook and riff is a killer. Reminds me a little bit of Moodyman twisted with an early piano house vibe but not cheesy at all. A serious hypnotic groove.

This might be a little too underground (see Peanuts not Working) for the casual consumer and it's not mixed either. I think this one is more for the heads and the aspiring DJ. If you are of those then seriously dude/ette get a hold of this now. Environ, Metro Area, Wang heads will love this there are some serious gems on this (See Tase The Wizard).

7/10

CTZN V41N

LISTEN:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...