Friday 9 December 2011

STREAM: Cloud Nothings "Attack On Memory" Mix x Cleveland Mixtape DL

Check this mix Selected by Dylan Baldi of Cloud Nothings. It's part of the Hype build for the release of the next album “Attack on Memory” out January 24th on Carpark Records. Also check out the Cloud Nothings 'Cleveland Mixtape' from earlier this year to DL below.

Dylan says:
"While I was writing the songs that would become *Attack On Memory*, I listened almost exclusively to music that was made before I was born. This is a pretty common practice for me, actually, but I took it to a new level while making the record.

I more or less memorized every guitar solo on the best Thin Lizzy albums, listened to only The Wipers for about 3 weeks, and fell asleep to Black Sabbath every night.


This mix condenses my listening habits into an easily digestible "best of", songs that strongly affected what I was thinking while writing my own music. Not to say that every song on *Attack On Memory* sounds like Killdozer, but I do think that the influence of these particular tracks is often obvious, and hopefully sheds some light on why the new Cloud Nothings album sounds so different from any of the past recordings.
"

Tracklist: 01. Black Sabbath "Supernaut"
02. Nina Hagen "Born In Xixax"
03. Killdozer The Pig Was Cool
04. Zounds "This Land"

05. Thin Lizzy "For Those Who Love To Live"

06. The Wipers "No One Wants An Alien"

07. Bitch Magnet "Navajo Ace"

08. Swell Maps "The Helicopter Spies"
Cloud Nothings "Attack On Memory" Mix by Carpark Records

DOWNLOAD:
Cloud Nothings 'Cleveland Mixtape' Tracklist:

01 The Styrenes – One Fanzine Reader Writes

02 Dead Boys – Sonic Reducer

03 Chronics – Test Tube Baby

04 Bernie & The Invisibles – I Don’t Know Where I Am
05 X-X – You’re Full Of Shit

06 Pere Ubu – Waiting For Mary

07 Rocket From The Tombs – Ain’t It Fun

08 Electric Eels – Jaguar Ride

09 The Mirrors – Living Without You

10 Clocks – Confidentially Renee

11 The Baloney Heads – I’m A Drunk

12 The Pagans – What’s This Shit Called Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...