Tuesday 18 January 2011

ART: Banksy 'Identity' for sale on Ebay!

The identity of the artist Banksy is up for sale to the highest bidder on auction site Ebay right now. The auction, scheduled to end in just over 1 day, has been listed by ebay user jaybuysthings who has 100% positive feedback.

CLICK HERE to view the listing.

So far there have been 38 bids and the current winning bid stands at USD $999,999.00

The item listing descritipon is as follows:

'If you win this auction I will mail you a piece of paper revealing the true identity of "Banksy".

I have uncovered his identity by matching up the prices of his sold pieces to corresponding tax records. I will reveal no more details.

The winner of this auction is the only person I will ever share this information with. The piece of paper will say his name, nothing more.

I give you 100% assurance that it is most certainly the full name of the street artist known as "Banksy".

Ebay previously ended this auction because I was selling something that was not "tangible".
It is now tangible.

If you wish to reach me outside of this auction: TheIdentityofBanksy@gmail.com'

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope Banksy's true identity stays unrevealed (at least while he lives). So he can roam the streets freely and mysteriously, and creates more magnificent works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ C A T The listing was removed by ebay so I guess his identity will remain anonymous for the time being :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...