Sunday 26 September 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: V/A 'Bustin' Out 3: 1983' out 4 October on Year Zero


I had a feeling I was going to be pleased when I looked at the tracklisting featuring John Carpenter, New Order, Cocteau Twins and Liquid Liquid. I was delighted when the other 10 artists who I had not heard of on this 3rd Instalment of a wonderful series turned out to have produced tracks just as good if not better, making this a winner in my already rose tinted eyes.

So what's the deal? Well the compilation theme is New Wave to New Beat from 1983. Historically speaking this is probably a little short in track number to have collected all the best tracks from the era but the 14 on offer are an esteemed cross section and show perfectly the relevance of this music today. I mean seriously, the fact that we are still listening to it and that it is still being emulated and in some respects simply replicated by people who weren't born at the time shows how strong and classic it still is.

Anyone looking for a track for an independent Film should look no further than this.

4/5

CTZN V41N



VOTE FOR VAINZINE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...