Tuesday 24 August 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: V/A Simian Mobile Disco 'Disco Is Fioxed' out 12 October on Defend

Being a huge Simian Mobile disco fan (Attack Decay Sustain Release has been a permanent fixture on my limited space iPod since its release and I saw them perform with aplomb last year at the Roundhouse London last year) I was very excited when a copy of their Simian Mobile Disco is Fixed mix album popped into my inbox. The duo hold a residency at New York party night Fixed hosted at the Tribeca Grand hotel.

In three small words I describe this album as being sick, sick, sick!!!

Beginning in an untypically Simian downbeat pleasant jazz tinged euphoria, flowing into some light airy techno, before smacking one upside the head by rolling out and flexing those banging techno guns, with a follow into to the dark side of the techno moon, before gently rocking the listener back into the comfort of some mellower beats… This is truly one musical journey I will be taking again and again.

With tracks by phenomenal artists such as DJ Hell, Paul Woolford, Chateau Flight, Carl Craig, Hot Chip, Etienne Jaumet and also Simian Mobile Disco themselves with new track Nerve Salad you can easily see how the journey I described above has been attained.

This is one of the best mix CDs I’ve heard in a long time and I would definitely recommend this as an essential purchase for anyone. For some it is the perfect opportunity to put the pipe, slippers and easy listening 8 Track to one side and give this a try so the can experience a truly epic spectrum of the current dance music scene.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...