Thursday 8 July 2010

GIG REVIEW: Beatherder @ Ribble Valley, Lancashire 2 – 4 July 2010

This weekend I went on a little adventure with a couple of my compadres to the lush Ribble valley in Lancashire to participate in the three day stomp out known as the Beatherder festival. This intimate (well if 5,000 attendees can be described as intimate!!) festival with acts such as Andy C, Layo and Bushwacka, Dub Pistols, Easy All Stars et al on the roster and the sun shining the early signs were very promising. 

Now avid reader I poise a question similar to one I pose in many of my musings, did it deliver and the answer is YES! It was a superb weekend in an amazing setting with some of the friendliest festival goers I have ever encountered. The legendary Toiltrees playing host to some quality techno acts, the eclectic mix on the main stage in addition to the many other tents and also an on site working men’s club meaning there was a little something here for everyone. Even the kids some of which were taking a keen interest in collecting the innumerable amount of nitrous oxide canisters decanted on the floor!! Personal highlights were Paul Daley(formerly of Leftfield) spanking everyone upside the head with an awesome techno set in the Toiltrees, Panjabi Mc taking me right back to my roots, Erol Alkan rocking it like only he knows how too, Dub Pistols for an awesome end to an awesome weekend and also the Main Stage 1000 people strong aerobic work out led by the legendary Mr Motivator….. I’ll definitely be attending again and highly recommend it to all.

5/5

DLS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...